Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Have you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident in Colorado Springs or the Pikes Peak region? The pedestrian accident attorneys at The Foley Law Firm can help you seek compensation.
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Colorado Springs, CO
Pedestrians are uniquely vulnerable on the road. Lacking protections such as seat belts, airbags, and metal cubicles, they are far more likely to suffer severe injuries or die in an accident than motor vehicle occupants. If a vehicle hits you as a pedestrian, you likely face steep medical bills and a long recovery. A pedestrian accident attorney can help you seek financial recovery for your pain and suffering and other related losses.
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents in Colorado Springs, CO
Pedestrian accidents often lead to serious and potentially fatal injuries. Common injuries in pedestrian accidents in Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region include:
- Soft tissue damage: Bruises, cuts, strains, sprains, tears, and dislocations.
- Broken bones: Fractures of the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, legs, and spine, including compound fractures in which broken bone pierces the skin.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Concussions and other head and brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries of the spinal cord and surrounding bone and tissue.
Not sure where to turn if you’ve been injured as a pedestrian? Call (719) 757-1182 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with our pedestrian accident lawyers at The Foley Law Firm, and we will walk you through your legal options.
What To Do Immediately Following a Pedestrian Accident in Colorado Springs, CO
Taking the right steps in the immediate aftermath of an accident is critical to protecting your rights and maximizing your compensation later. If you’ve been hit by a vehicle as a pedestrian, do this:
- Move to a safe location: Move away from the flow of traffic to avoid a secondary accident and further injuries.
- Call 911: Stay on the scene and call 911 for police assistance and immediate medical attention. It’s important to seek medical help even if you feel fine or your injuries seem minor at first.
- Talk to the police: Answer the questions of the attending police officer and request a copy of the police report.
- Gather evidence: Take pictures and videos of the scene, the vehicle, and your injuries. If there are eyewitnesses, collect their contact information.
- Hire an attorney: Contact a pedestrian accident law firm in your area to assist in filing your insurance claim or civil lawsuit. Pedestrian accidents are a complex area of personal injury law. You shouldn’t face the legal system without professional help, as you risk walking out with far less than you may be able to recover.
Damages That May Be Recoverable in a Colorado Springs Pedestrian Accident
Depending on the nature and extent of your injuries, you may be able to claim financial recovery for the following losses (“damages”) following a pedestrian accident:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost income, such as wages, bonuses, vacation days, and other work-related benefits
- Property damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of intimacy with your spouse or partner
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer can explain your legal options, identify all types of compensation available, and calculate your damages and the full value of your claim.
Determining Fault for a Pedestrian Accident in Colorado Springs
Determining fault for a pedestrian accident is crucial, as you can only seek financial recovery from the driver if you were less than 50% to blame. If you contributed to the accident and your share of the fault is under 50%, you can still recover, but your assigned percentage of fault will reduce your award.
The vast majority of pedestrian accidents in Colorado are the driver’s fault. Pedestrians have the right-of-way at all intersections and crosswalks, but state traffic laws require drivers to yield to pedestrians under all conditions.
However, you have legal obligations as a pedestrian as well. Failure to meet them may lead to a finding that you contributed to the accident. Your obligations as a pedestrian include the following:
- You may not leave the curb suddenly and enter a crosswalk into the path of a moving vehicle.
- You must yield to vehicles outside of marked or unmarked crosswalks at intersections.
- You must generally exercise care when crossing. For example, if a car is speeding in your direction and isn’t slowing, you must wait even though you have the right-of-way.
- You must walk on the left side of the road in rural areas.
Work with The Foley Law Firm — Experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Colorado Springs, CO
Were you hit by a car or lost a close family member in a pedestrian accident in Colorado Springs or the Pikes Peak region? You may be eligible for financial recovery but must act fast.
Call (719) 757-1182 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our pedestrian accidents lawyers at The Foley Law Firm. They will review your case and explain your legal options. Our team can guide you at every turn if you can seek compensation.
Why Choose The Foley Law Firm?
We can put your life back together. Unlike other law firms, we remain accessible to answer your questions and help you navigate important decisions from the moment you contact us until your case is resolved.
- Caring and compassionate advocacy to pursue your financial recovery in coordination with your physical recovery
- Community-minded service in Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak area
- Consistent communication to effectively voice your interests on your behalf
- Personalized, neighborly treatment to allow you relief from stress
- We deal with the insurance company and your case details while you get better
- Free consultations for personal injury cases
We’re One of You; We’re Here To Help
Our Latest Blogs
An Experienced Colorado Springs School Bus Accident Lawyer Explains Your Rights if Your Child is Injured in a School Bus Accident
As summer draws to a close and children across Colorado excitedly don their backpacks to…
Understanding the Difference Between Petty and Felony Theft Charges in Colorado
Have you been accused of theft in Colorado involving an item of low value or…
An Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney Shares 5 Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Colorado Springs
Riding a motorcycle along the scenic routes of Colorado is an unmatched experience, with the…
The Foley Law Firm
222 East Costilla Street Colorado Springs, CO 80903